Must see in Granby!
Are you planning to visit Granby for a sports event or a festival? Draw inspiration from the following must-see suggestions in order to plan your stay in Granby and its surrounding region!
Meet the animals at the Zoo de Granby
For a family outing that is sure to make an impression, come and meet the exotic animals at the Zoo de Granby. Transport the whole family to the faraway continents to Africa, South America, and Asia and Oceania, if only for a few hours!
During the summer season, make sure to bring your bathing suit! The Amazoo waterpark, set in an Amazonian village decor, will offer the whole family a very refreshing experience.
Enjoy the region’s nature and beauty
The Parc national de la Yamaska will enchant you :
- Ideal for a camping trip or a day at the beach.
- Walk or bike the great trails.
- Enjoy the view on the beautiful Choinière reservoir.
Entry and parking fees are to be expected.
Go for a walk at the Centre d’interprétation de la nature du lac Boivin, where small and big kids alike can learn about nature through interpretation activities :
- 10 km boardwalk.
- 2 observation towers offering a spectacular view on lac Boivin.
For a longer walk in the woods, visit the parc Jean-Paul-Forand :
- 6.3 km trail through a wetland area.
- An ideal family outing.
Enjoy the parc des Montagnards‘ breathtaking views :
- An approximately 5 km circuit through a nature reserve.
- Beautiful view of lac Brome and the Green Mountains at the park’s summit.
Grab a bite in town
Granby is well known for its choice of restaurants and meals sure to please the whole family.
Have a good start to your day :
- Café de la Brûlerie : Features a unique tiki bar style terrace looking onto the Yamaska River.
- C’est Belge : Belgian-style cuisine with gourmet breakfasts and European inspired lunches.
- La Fabrique de Bagel : Ideal place for a quick, no fuss breakfast in downtown Granby.
Good tables in pleasant settings :
- L’Attelier Archibald : Situated only a few steps away from downtown Granby, it offers a gourmet turn on comforting classics dishes.
- Bistro Kapzak : Sample Polish and Quebecois inspired dishes along with a wide variety of creative signature cocktails.
- Maison boire : The only self-sufficient restaurant in Granby, it offers an outstanding gourmet experience.
- Robusto : An Italian inspired menu featuring wood fired oven pizzas!
- La Boissonnerie : An impressive choice of seafood in a unique sea shack decor.
- La Table à Mo : Experience a locally-sourced cuisine and try out the widest choice of gins available in the Eastern Townships.
Enjoy the summer on a beautiful terrace :
- Louis’pub : This welcoming neighborhood pub is the perfect place to sample microbrewery beers while snacking on delicious fried squid.
- Òblon Pinte & Bouffe : A menu made up of local flavours with a generous selection of microbrewery beers!
- Resto-Pub le St-Ambroise : A vibrant, electrifying atmosphere with a 200-seat terrace.
To ensure the best possible experience, don’t forget to reserve your table in advance!
Whether you’re planning a picnic or just want to stock up on fresh produce for the week, the Réseau des Haltes gourmandes en Haute-Yamaska, a group of local producers, invites you to visit them and to discover a whole variety of local flavours.
Many experiences to choose from :
- Try the delicious apple pies and various ciders offered at the Cidrerie Milton’s bar.
- Meet the alpacas, visit the gourmet shop, and learn about farming at the Verger Champêtre – gîte & compagnie‘s interpretation centre.
- Visit the charming Miel Fontaine bee farm and take a guided tour of its installations.
- Sample craft beers while relaxing on a brand new terrace at the Robin Bière Naturelle.
- Take in the breathtaking view of Mont Shefford while visiting La Ferme – Brasserie Rurale.
- Visit the Marché public de Granby et région, a wonderful farmer’s market opened on Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm! Chat with the artisans and local small producers while stocking up on a variety of fresh products. An authentic experience in downtown Granby!
- Embark on the Tournée Gourmande, a gourmet tour of our local agribusiness producers. Spend a fun day travelling the region with friends and stopping by regional producers to discover and savour various local products.
Bike L’Estriade and its network of trails
Granby is the ultimate biking destination as it sits in the middle of the L’Estriade biking trail, a network that spans from Montreal to Sherbrooke. L’Estriade offers some 97 km of safe, low grade trails to enjoy during your cycling getaways. While you’re at it, take the time to admire the sixty or so monumental artworks that make up the Artria open sky museum.
Look for the Fièrement Vélo! logo, a network comprising some 50 businesses who can offer general information on the bicycle network, and fill up your water bottle. These businesses also have an emergency repair kit on hand in order to secure or repair a bicycle on the spot.
Need to rent a bike or have it repaired?
Would you like to rent a bike for the day? Bike location and repairs (by expert mechanics) are offered by several businesses in the region :
Have fun in or on the water!
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy water activities! There are many places to cool off in the area :
Make some great buys
Take advantage of your stay in Granby to go on a shopping spree and visit the town’s numerous boutiques and specialty stores! Who knows, you could make some great finds in downtown Granby!
Don’t forget to visit our shopping centre, Les Galeries de Granby, where you will find a good choice of stores, boutiques and restaurants!
Activities in store for rainy days
Laser Tag Évasion : In almost complete darkness, wearing an illuminated armor and carrying a laser gun, you’ll meander through a labyrinth and resort to crafty strategies to track down your enemies.
Miniputt invasion : Discover the parallel, fluorescent universe of this unique mini golf with the whole family. Play the 18 holes in the dark, illuminated solely by black lights.
Quillorama : Bowling is a classic that never goes out of style! A great way to have fun with friends and family.
Cinéma Élysé : Offer the kids a complete movie experience and let yourself enjoy the magic of the big screen. Granby’s Cinéma Élysée offers a wide choice of movies that are sure to please everyone, big or small.
Amedaka Évasion : Try an escape game that will offer you an immersive experience featuring a mixture of strategy, reflection, communication, adrenaline and fun.
Motion Parc évolutif : Little ninjas will have quite an adventure going through the Ninja Warrior structures, the modular parkour circuit, the aerobatics with airbag circuit as well as a giant interactive game!
O’bloc Escalade : This bouldering gym is opened to everyone, from the age of 6 onwards. You can climb walls without a harness and rent special climbing shoes if needed.